How many times have you heard women share their horror stories about labour? About that thing which happened to that woman that no one has actually met but this is exactly how it went down? How many times have people shared their advice about just how your labour will go?
We’re bombarded with messages from other people and in the media which tell us that birth is something to be feared. It’s something that will be traumatic and is something that will hurt like hell. We just have to accept that it’s going to be awful but at least you get to meet your baby at the end of it. It’s almost like a badge of honour.
But what if there is another way…
I believe that EVERYONE deserves to feel positive about childbirth. It is possible, I promise you.
I’ve created the positive birth workshop which is designed for those who are interested in the ideas of hypnobirthing but can’t commit to the time or finances of doing the full course. These things shouldn’t be a barrier to learning positive techniques which can help to change your mindset. It’s the perfect way to start your journey into the world of thinking positively about birth.
This affordable, 3-hour workshop is packed full of information about what happens during labour and focuses on how to develop a really positive mindset for childbirth.
You will learn:
- About the relationship between the mind and the body. You’ll understand why thinking about the mind and body together instead of separately is key.
- What hormones are involved in labour and why our thoughts effect which ones we produce. This is vital throughout labour as producing adrenalin can really hinder the process. It’s all about that Oxytocin baby!
- Tips and advice of how to create your ideal birthing environment – no matter where you give birth
- Mindset exercises which will help you to generally feel more positive
- We’ll talk about those negative influences and how you can learn to shift your focus away from them
- Breathing exercises. This is such an amazing thing to learn and I’ll be sharing how to get the best out of effective breathing and why it can be a game changer during labour.
- Why using visualisation and affirmations are such powerful tools. You’ll experience what it’s like to put them into practice.
By the end of the workshop you will feel:
- More confident about your choices in childbirth
- Positive that you have practical techniques which you can implement straight away
- Relaxed and refreshed
- Able to let those negative stories bounce off you
- Excited about childbirth as it is the journey to seeing your baby for the first time!
This workshop will run on a monthly basis from the Zensory treatment room in Falkirk.
Upcoming dates in 2018
23rd August. 6.30-9.30pm. 8 spaces available
11th September. 6.30 – 9.30pm. 8 spaces available
1st November 6.30pm-9.30pm. 8 spaces available